Burnt Sugar the Arkestra Chamber
- This is a past program
The hive-mind of Burnt Sugar The Arkestra Chamber returns to Southern California to perform their Cosmic Riddem & Eclectic Blue Cheer Conductions. Burnt Sugar “treats space, time, and genre like trans-dimensional silly-putty bursting with polyphonic and multi-rhythmic dap!”
Burnt Sugar The Arkestra Chamber is an improvisational ensemble who’ve performed around the world abiding by their recently-passed founder Greg Tate’s mantra of “Never playing anything the same thing once.”
Burnt Sugar Arkestra (So Cal New Sugar Swing Edition):
- Shelley Nicole - Vocal/Conduction & Percussion
- Bruce Mack - Vocal & Synthesizer
- JS Williams - Trumpet
- V. Jeffrey Smith - Alto & Tenor Sax & Vocal
- Leon Gruenbaum - Samchillean/Piano/Talk Box & Vocal
- André Lassalle - Electric Guitar
- Marque Gilmore tha' Inna*Most - Trap Drums & Electronics
- Jared Michael Nickerson - Electric Bass
In conjunction with the exhibition Lifes.
This performance is being presented in collaboration with the USC Visions & Voices, which will be hosting Cosmic Riddem, Esoteric Rambunction & Eclectic Blue Cheer~Conduction #2 on Saturday, March 5. Visit the USC website for details.