UCLA Student Employment Opportunities
DEPARTMENT: Visitor Experience
SALARY: $14.50 hourly
JOB SUMMARY: The Frontline Ambassador position aims to create a welcoming and engaging experience for visitors that carries out the Hammer’s mission. A Frontline Ambassador is responsible for engaging with the public, answering questions, providing information about the exhibitions, and promoting membership. There are additional opportunities to assist with public programs in the Billy Wilder Theater, and assist with special events. This position reports to the Visitor Experience Manager with direction and oversight from Visitor Experience Leads.
DAYS/HOURS: Approximately 15 hours a week, or as needed for operations.
- Registered UCLA undergraduate or UCLA Extension
- Ability to work a variable schedule of 3-4 five hour shifts per week; Must be able to commit to Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday 3:15-8:15pm
- Customer service experience/interest; prior retail, food service, hospitality, or museum work preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to conduct oneself in a polite and professional manner in a variety of situations
- Ability to assert oneself when needed in order to enforce policies and protect artwork
- Ability to use good judgment and to respond in handling crowds while remaining calm and presenting a professional demeanor
- Experience with, knowledge of, appreciation for, or interest in visual art with emphasis on contemporary work.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and work availability to [email protected], with "Frontline Ambassador" in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, we are regretfully unable to respond to phone calls and emails regarding the status of applications and the recruiting process.
Student Educator Program
Student Educators are paid UCLA students from diverse disciplines who lead tours for all audiences. Student Educators participate in mandatory summer training and extensive professional development throughout the year. As the museum’s core teaching staff, student educators lead public and private tours, support family programming, and assist with curator walk-throughs. Student Educators are hired in Spring Quarter for the following academic year. Please contact [email protected] for more information.