UCLA Student Films: 1980s
The films during this decade suggest a diverse student body—in both experience and artistic vision—eager to explore genre and form, often with an eye to the commercial marketplace and an interest in contemporary cultural politics.
- Puppy Does Gumbo (Catherine Hardwicke, 1984)
- Viva la Papier Toilette (Tony Venezia, 1980)
- A Soft Warrior (Nina Menkes, 1981) *
- Spanish Lesson (Ying Ying Yu, 1982)
- Night Shift (Nancy Richardson, 1980)
- Chicken Thing (Todd Holland, 1984)
- No Nukes (Orin Mitchell, 1983)
- 6:28 (Randy Haberkamp, 1980)
- Frank Valert's 150B Lighting Class Project (1982)
- Savannah (Anita W. Addison, 1989)
- The Choice (Joe Yng-Jaw Jiing, 1987)
Digital file courtesy of the Academy Film Archive
Films provided by UCLA Film & Television Archive (unless otherwise noted). Total running time: 148 min.