UCLA Student Films: 1960s Continued
The 1960s brought the counterculture to UCLA's campus. The first portion of this program features films made by and with the participation of the founding members of The Doors. The second is concerned with changing attitudes toward society and rock music. In the later 1960s, ethnic minorities of color began finding voices both behind and in front of the camera. Special thanks to the Archive supporters who contributed to The Ray Manzarek & Jim Morrison Preservation Project.
- 179B or 4 x 8 =16 (Christina Hornisher, 1965)
- Kinky (James Joannides, Maurice Bar-David, 1966)
- Five Situations for Camera, Recorder and People (Alex Prisadsky, 1965)
- Call It Collage (Nettie Peña, 1966)
- The Wino and the Blind Man (Jose Luis Gonzalez, 1965)
- Evergreen (Ray Manzarek, 1965)
- Induction (Ray Manzarek, 1966)
- Patient 411: A Progress Report (Ron Raley, 1965)
- The Ogre of Xochicalcatl (Natalie Drache, 1966)
- The Group Thing (George Apostolides, Thom Andersen, Bill Doherty, Bob Heinecken, Judith Henderson, Tom Koester, John Mayer, 1966)
- A Ferlinghetti Poem (William Frew, 1968)
- Hotel Indiscreet (Bill Norton, Steve Rosen, 1967)
- One's Not Half Two (Alan Barker, 1968)
- Now That the Buffalo's Gone (Burton Gershfield, 1967) *
- Pigs! (Carroll J. Ballard, 1967)
- Moving Day (Phyllis Tanaka, 1965)
- One Week in Vietnam, 5/28 – 6/3 (Howard Lester, 1969)
- Hey, Mama (Vaughn Obern, 1968)
- Muggins (Steve Wax, 1967)
* Preserved by the Academy Film Archive. Print courtesy of the Academy Film Archive.
Films provided by UCLA Film & Television Archive (unless otherwise noted). Total running time: 164 min.
ATTENDING THIS PROGRAM?
Ticketing: Archive tickets are $9 general admission and free for UCLA students. Advance tickets are available on the Film & Television Archive website. Please review the Archive's ticketing policy.
Parking: Parking is available under the museum. Rates are $7 for the first three hours with museum validation, and $3 for each additional 20 minutes, with a $20 daily maximum. There is a $7 flat rate after 6 p.m. on weekdays, and all day on weekends. Cash only.
Restaurant: Enjoy a meal or drink before or after the program at our restaurant Audrey. Members and UCLA students receive 10% off. A late-night happy hour offers 10% off at the bar Tuesday–Saturday, 9–11 p.m.