UCLA Student Films: 1970s
Collaborations with UCLA’s Visual Communications and the Ethno-Communications Departments contributed to greater inclusion of minority and women filmmakers behind and in front of the camera at the film school.
- Canned Performances (Hoyt Yeatman, 1977)
- Man on Roof (Pierre Veck, 1979)
- Rainbow Car Wash (Betty Yao Jung Chen, 1976)
- Yellow Brotherhood (Brian Tadashi Maeda, 1971)
- Fashion for the Future (Monona Wali, 1979)
- Kinky Babylon (Grayling Williams, 1979)
- Zbigniew in Love (Erin Libby, 1979)
- Angel Blue Sweet Wings (Chick Strand, 1966) *
- Wataridori / Bird of Passage (Robert A. Nakamura, 1975)
- Colonia (Moises Cubillos, 1977)
- When Stroker Strikes (L. Reco Richardson, 1979)
Preserved by the Academy Film Archive and the Pacific Film Archive with support from the National Film Preservation Foundation.
Films provided by UCLA Film & Television Archive (unless otherwise noted). Total running time: 149 min.
ATTENDING THIS PROGRAM?
Ticketing: Archive tickets are $9 general admission and free for UCLA students. Advance tickets are available on the Film & Television Archive website. Please review the Archive's ticketing policy.
Parking: Parking is available under the museum. Rates are $7 for the first three hours with museum validation, and $3 for each additional 20 minutes, with a $20 daily maximum. There is a $7 flat rate after 6 p.m. on weekdays, and all day on weekends. Cash only.
Restaurant: Enjoy a meal or drink before or after the program at our restaurant Audrey. Members and UCLA students receive 10% off. A late-night happy hour offers 10% off at the bar Tuesday–Saturday, 9–11 p.m.