UCLA Student Films: 1970s–1980s
This period brought the advent of video technology, shaping students’ work in both access and style. By the late-1970s and into the 1980s many of these films could be seen on The View, an hour-long student-produced program from the school’s Motion Picture & Television Division, presented on Theta Cable’s public access channel.
- Tasteful Romance (Clint Clover, 1978)
- Navajo Rain Chant (Susan Dyal, 1971)
- Sleepwalker (Laura Ho, 1971)
- 454 Villa Street (Mariella Gomez, 1976)
- Little Wheels, Big Wheels (J. Kristina Van Wagoner, 1979)
- Last Year at Melnitz(Bad!) or, Walk Away, Resnais (Ron Birnbach, 1984)
- Flipper (Alex Gibney, 1980)
- Photo Album (Rebecca Ring, 1979)
- Gloria (Marcy Muray, 1979)
- 54th & Crenshaw (Cathy Roberts Ross, 1983)
- Working Title A.M. (John O'Brien, Mark Lazar, Bryan Winter, 1982)
- Edge City (Alex Cox, 1980)
Films provided by UCLA Film & Television Archive. Total running time: 141 min.