Hammergram: February 2014
We are fascinated by the photos our visitors take of the objects and spaces at the Hammer. That's why we decided to launch Hammergram--a monthly round-up of our favorite visitor photos--in the hopes that they will inspire you to share your own Hammer experience with us!
The Hammer Museum welcomes visitors to take non-flash, personal-use photography (except where noted). Share your images with us by tagging @hammer_museum or #hammermuseum on Instagram or Twitter, and you could be featured in the next Hammergram!
1. @tarafenwick gives Haim Steinbach's now you can afford to stop driving each other crazy a new perspective. [part of Take It or Leave It: Institution, Image, Ideology]
2. @velvetbarrock watches as a student volunteer adds on to Rirkrit Tiravanija's untitled 2014 (up against the wall motherfucker). [part of Take It or Leave It: Institution, Image, Ideology]
3. @kimberlyhahnart and her husband check out this LA Times piece on Take It or Leave It over breakfast.
4. @brettsperry enjoys the ping pong tables on Lindbrook Terrace.
5. @raphdelrio gets thirsty in Nathaniel Mellors' Hammer Project.
6. @clairelcrighton takes a piece of candy from Felix Gonzalez-Torres' “Untitled” (USA Today). [part of Take It or Leave It: Institution, Image, Ideology]
7. @fillow7 and friends find inspiration in the many patterns in Take It or Leave It.
8. @whereis_noho snaps a selfie in front ofJudith Barry's Imagination, dead imagine. [part of Take It or Leave It: Institution, Image, Ideology]
9. @dddebo checks out the final Marissa Ruazol dance performance in conjunction with Kelly Nipper: Black Forest.
10. @eleddoarduo takes Glenn Ligon's Rückenfigur outside. [part of Take It or Leave It: Institution, Image, Ideology]
11. @lalandbrighteyes finds childhood joy in Marmol Radziner's installation.
12. @lauraolin201 and her roomie sport matching Rirkrit Tiravanija t-shirts (yes, you can take one from the show!)
13. @dannazz poses in front of the biggest gingerbread house she's ever seen!
14. @letabitchknow makes sure everyone knows that the Hammer is now #FreeForGood.
15. @renacroshere captures the lights in the Billy Wilder Theater.
16. @lydiayunlou appropriates Barbara Kruger's Untitled (Hello/Goodbye).