Family Day: Art Beyond Borders
- to This is a past program
Unite and create. Join us for an afternoon of art, music, performances, and more.
All ages welcome. Most activities are recommended for ages five and up. American Sign Language interpretation will be offered during performances and story time.
- Contribute to a giant weaving that will be installed at the U.S.-Mexico border with Tanya Aguiñiga and Natalie Godinez.
- Experience an interactive puppetry performance with Bob Baker Marionette Theater.
- Imagine the Los Angeles River restored with pictures of wildlife with Carolyn Castaño.
- Shake it up with hip-hop dancers from Culture Shock Los Angeles.
- Help Ashley Hunt make a map of how families are being separated by U.S. policy along the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Hear InsideOUT Writers poets share their stories.
- Make a collaborative balloon constellation with Alicia Piller.
- Add your voice to a collective soundscape with Jimena Sarno.
- Groove to the musical sounds of Rhythm Child.
- Music by Wild Dreams and duo Noah James & Brendan Brandt.
- Treats from Lee’Poof Cotton Candy.
- Love and kindness activities with Families Belong Together.
- Story-time with Miry’s List.
In-kind support provided by:
Hammer Kids is made possible through the generosity of the Anthony and Jeanne Pritzker Family Foundation. Hammer Kids also receives support from friends of the Hammer Museum's Kids Art Museum Project (K.A.M.P.), an annual family fundraiser. Additional funding is provided by The Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Foundation, GRoW @ Annenberg, and The Winnick Family Foundation.
All Hammer public programs are free and made possible by a major gift from an anonymous donor.
Generous support is also provided by Susan Bay Nimoy and Leonard Nimoy, Good Works Foundation and Laura Donnelley, The Samuel Goldwyn Foundation, an anonymous donor, and all Hammer members.
Public programs advancing social justice are presented by the Ford Foundation.
Digital presentation of Hammer public programs is made possible by the Billy and Audrey L. Wilder Foundation.