Students, come study at the Hammer! We have all the comforts you need for productive study time, along with some fun activities for breaks:
- Free WiFi
- Treats from our cafe, AMMO (with purchase of coffee)
- Chairs you can spin on
- Interactive, 15-minute art breaks led by student educators.
You bring your laptop chargers and some homework and we’ll provide the creative energy to get you through midterms! Students from all disciplines are invited to the museum to work on papers, problem sets, and readings while recharging with engaging conversations and activities based on artists like Kevin Beasley, Jean Dubuffet, and Jimmie Durham.
Optional art breaks happen every hour at 15 minutes before the hour:
- 11:45 a.m.–noon, Art Break 1: Kevin Beasley conversation
- 12:45–1:00 p.m., Art Break 2: Jean Dubuffet drawing activity
- 1:45–2:00 p.m., Art Break 3: Machine Project ping-pong
- 2:45–3:00 p.m., Art Break 4: Jimmie Durham conversation