Bruce Eric Kaplan (BEK) & Dan Savage

Bruce Eric Kaplan (BEK) & Dan Savage

In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, the Hammer welcomes two keen observers of human relationships. Bruce Eric Kaplan (also known as BEK) has been a cartoonist for The New Yorker for almost 20 years and is the author of The Cat That Changed My Life, Every Person on the Planet, Edmund and Rosemary Go to Hell, and his latest, I Love You, I Hate You, I'm Hungry. Kaplan was also a writer/producer for Seinfeld and Six Feet Under, where he was executive producer for the last three seasons. Dan Savage is a journalist, political pundit, frequent contributor to NPR’s This American Life, and the author of The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family and The Kid: What Happened After My Boyfriend and I Decided to Go Get Pregnant. He is the editorial director for the Seattle newsweekly The Stranger and his syndicated sex-advice column “Savage Love” appears in newspapers in the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe.

ATTENDING THIS PROGRAM?

ALL HAMMER PROGRAMS ARE FREE
Location: Billy Wilder Theater
Ticketing: Tickets are required and available at the Box Office one hour before the program. General admission tickets are available one per person on a first come, first served basis following member ticketing. Early arrival is recommended.
Member Benefit: Members receive priority ticketing (until 15 minutes before the program) by skipping the general admission line and can choose their seats, subject to availability.
Parking: Under the museum, $6 flat rate after 6 p.m. Cash only. 

Food and drink may not be carried into the Billy Wilder Theater. Read our food, bag check, and photo policies.

Public programs are made possible, in part, by a major gift from Ann and Jerry Moss. 

Additional support is provided by Bronya and Andrew Galef, Good Works Foundation and Laura Donnelley, an anonymous donor, and the Hammer Programs Committee.