My Fake Baby & Love Me, Love My Doll

My Fake Baby & Love Me, Love My Doll

In early life, it is normal for children to play with dolls and action figures as ways to socialize and learn how to assert control in a world that can be overwhelming and frightening. Join us for a night of documentaries that explore the lives of adults that continue to “play” with dolls.

My Fake Baby

My Fake Baby delves into a small niche of adult women who collect and care for shockingly lifelike baby dolls, called “Reborns.” (2008, approx. 45 min., Dir. Victoria Silver)

Love Me, Love My Doll

Love Me, Love My Doll focuses on a group of men who have fallen in love with their life-size dolls, called "Real Dolls." For these men, their $10,000 lifelike, built-to-order creations have replaced human women. (2007, 50 min., Dir. Nick Holt)

In conjunction with the exhibition Hammer Project: Desirée Holman.

ATTENDING THIS PROGRAM?

ALL HAMMER PROGRAMS ARE FREE
Location: Billy Wilder Theater
Ticketing: Tickets are required and available at the Box Office one hour before the program. General admission tickets are available one per person on a first come, first served basis following member ticketing. Early arrival is recommended.
Member Benefit: Members receive priority ticketing (until 15 minutes before the program) by skipping the general admission line and can choose their seats, subject to availability.
Parking: Under the museum, $6 flat rate after 6 p.m. Cash only. 

Food and drink may not be carried into the Billy Wilder Theater. Read our food, bag check, and photo policies.

Public programs are made possible, in part, by a major gift from Ann and Jerry Moss. 

Additional support is provided by Bronya and Andrew Galef, Good Works Foundation and Laura Donnelley, an anonymous donor, and the Hammer Programs Committee.