My Barbarian: Death Panel Discussion

My Barbarian: Death Panel Discussion

Drawn from their video project The Night Epi$ode, the members of My Barbarian portray “nightmare” curators (literally, curators of nightmares), satirizing the processes of inclusion and marginalization that artists face, in a theatrical, horror-show debate. The collective reflects on the hysterical public discourse and private insecurities amplified by the recession through hair-raising, brain-teasing song and dance routines.

In conjunction with the exhibition Hammer Projects: My Barbarian.

ALL HAMMER PUBLIC PROGRAMS ARE FREE. Tickets for assigned seating in the Billy Wilder Theater are required and available at the Box Office one hour before each program. Early arrival is recommended. Tickets are available one per person on a first come, first served basis. 

As a benefit for their support, members enjoy priority ticketing and seat selection, subject to availability.

Parking is available under the museum for a flat fee of $3 after 6PM. 

Public programs are made possible, in part, by a major gift from Ann and Jerry Moss. Additional support is provided by Bronya and Andrew Galef, Good Works Foundation and Laura Donnelley, an anonymous donor, and the Hammer Programs Committee.